stain

Posted in textiles Experiment by Kathrin on Februar 20, 2011

sometime during fall, I started experimenting with dye. often when I’ve wanted to dye something a certain colour, the outcome was very different – although not terrible – but not what I had in mind. so this time around, I didn’t plan, just let it happen. starting out with a first round of dye, I then applied little bleach, then some dye again, then some bleach again. I tried to bleach first then dye, and you can imagine how this goes on.
I like all the different, subtle hues and stains on this particular fabric. by bleaching the dyed fabric (used to be seafoam green, black dye) some bright red spots turned up, they aren’t that noticable, but add a little pop. 
after some draping and pondering it now is on its way to a new life beyond a very big shawl. I’ll show you soon.
the colours matching the wall is really just a coincidence.. a nice one, I think.

Advertisements

Kommentar verfassen

Trage deine Daten unten ein oder klicke ein Icon um dich einzuloggen:

WordPress.com-Logo

Du kommentierst mit Deinem WordPress.com-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Twitter-Bild

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Twitter-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Facebook-Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Facebook-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Google+ Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Google+-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Verbinde mit %s

%d Bloggern gefällt das: